Microtrace was founded upon the premise that each sample should be analyzed as a unique scientific challenge. In an era when most forensic and service laboratories rely upon predefined protocols and tests, the analytical results obtained are, by design, limited in scope. For this reason, we have found that there remains a need for sample-driven analysis, performed at the highest scientific level, capable of providing a level of analysis beyond that of a typical forensic lab. It is through this approach that Microtrace has built a world-wide reputation for providing not just analyses but answers to specific questions. To read about some of these successes, see the sidebar or read about Microtrace in the news.
In working on forensic matters, both civil and criminal, we have designed a lab and approach that sets us apart from the ordinary:
- High Level Analysis. The most detailed scientific analysis, performed on minute samples and the smallest particles in our state-of-the-art custom built lab.
- Reputation. A worldwide reputation for unbiased forensic analysis, working with prosecution and defense, plaintiff and defendant.
- Transparent. Analysis results provided in a detailed, illustrated report supported by fundamental scientific principals that stands up to peer review and litigation.
- Beyond Comparison. While many labs operated only on the basis of comparison samples, we have achieved success providing investigative leads from evidence, when reference samples are not available.
- Beyond Forensic. In addition to matters involving the law, we also consult with a wide range of industrial and manufacturing clients. These experiences provide a strong knowledge base in novel materials and methods, many of which are drawn upon to approach forensic questions.
- Microscopy and Microanalysis. Our in-house laboratory’s microanalytical capabilities are unsurpassed.
- Research and Reference Collections. Our internal investment in reference collections and research provides us with additional expertise in a wide variety of materials.
- Quality. Our reputation for quality microanalysis goes back over 25 years. Microtrace’s lab is accredited to ISO 17025. When applicable, we follow ASTM testing guides and other standardized testing methods.
Forensic Service Areas
- Criminal Forensic
- Civil Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Case Reviews
- Expert Testimony
- Arbidar Fiber and Hair Collections
- Forensic Fiber Reference Collection