Paint, Polymers & Coatings
Our wide range of materials experience, including polymers, chemicals, colorants, fibers, paint, and adhesives, along with a wide range of analytical experience and methodology gives us a unique perspective when addressing issues involving microscopy and microchemistry in the coatings and polymer industries. In the same way that our research, forensic casework, and sample-driven analytical approach allow us to perform the highest level of forensic analyses, our clients in the paint, polymer and coatings industries rely on us for a variety of reasons, including:
- Microstructural and characterization – Imaging of microscopic and nanoscopic structures and other features.
- Elemental and chemical mapping – In situ study of the spatial distribution of components on a microscale or nanoscale.
- Ingredient characterization – Comparison of ingredients from different suppliers to identify, define, and understand subtle, but significant differences that are not necessarily captured by product specifications.
- Failure analysis – Elucidation of failure mechanisms through scientific analysis.
- Foreign matter identification – Identification and sourcing of inclusions, discolorations, stains, and other systemic or one-off issues.
- Litigation support – Scientific investigations of claims arising from product failures, patent infringements, and consumer complaints.